Sunday, November 21, 2010

Ready to head home


It's 11:00pm - and the bags are packed, the kids (and Grandma) are sleeping, and I am ready to head home. I know there are a few blog posts to catch up on - maybe on the plane tomorrow. Who am I kidding? With 4 of us in 3 seats, I'll be lucky to page through a magazine that's all pictures.


It has been a wonderful 7 weeks and 2 days in Colombia. We have been blessed with decent weather - perhaps the best day of our stay was today! I have spent so much time with Esteban and my mom, not to mention Isabella. We have met wonderful people here in the Halifax - the community of adoptive families extends around the world - and I feel fortunate to have been part of that community again. People here have showered us with hospitality and care - from the hotel staff to friends of friends who invited us into their homes and lives. Colombia is a wonderful place to visit, especially with children. If you've considered coming here and been put off by the media portrayals of Colombia, think again. Bogota is a big city - like New York or LA - so you exercise caution as you would there. There are plenty of wonderful hotels, good restaurants, amazing history and museums, beautiful countryside and lovely people. Bogota weather reminds me of the Bay Area of California - never freezes, never gets too hot.


Our ride picks us up at 7:00am tomorrow, and we will have about a 15 hour travel day. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers for safe travel and no delays!

No comments:

Post a Comment