Friday, September 10, 2010

I-800 Approved!

I called USCIS this morning to find out the status of our I-800 form - and they said it was approved on Tuesday 9/7! Hurray!!

The process from accepting our referral to actually traveling to Colombia is a set of steps, each of which depend on the previous one being completed. The I-800 approval is a major step in this process. Next we wait for the approval to be processed by the US State Department and a cable to be sent to the embassy in Bogota. Once that happens, another series of things are set in motion in Bogota which culminate in CRAN setting a 'gotcha' day (date for us to receive Isabella). Once we have a Gotcha date, then we can buy plane tickets and apply for our Colombian visas.

I had called USCIS on Tuesday this week, and they told me our I-800 hadn't been reviewed yet. I was frustrated because we knew our form had been received on 8/20. So this is great news!

On the home front, we have appointments with the travel clinic next week, and I'm just about ready to pack Isabella's bag. We are getting pretty anxious to be there and meet our daughter!

Please continue to keep us and Isabella in your thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I are adopting from Colombia too! My agency didn't tell me about an approval from the US State Dept. How long does that take?

    ReplyDelete