Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Reactions to our referral

Esteban has had a wonderful array of reactions to the news about our referral. They have included...

... refusing to acknowledge that we were talking about her


... telling Julien that he wasn't excited and that he didn't like her


... figuring out that her name rhymes with his cousin Ella's name


... telling Grandma Dawn at dinner last night that we'll be going to Colombia to get his sister


... wanting to push her around in the stroller


... wanting to be treated like a baby like Isabella

An amazing and wonderful array of expressions of his mixed emotions about having a baby sister - pretty great for being not quite 3!

Sabeth's reactions have included disbelief that this is really happening, joy, fear, exhaustion, terror, and delight. I think I'm developing an allergy to pink!

Julien started with terror: Oh my goodness, another child. what did we do? How are we going to afford two kids? I need to make more $! I don't know anything about raising a girl! This lasted for about two weeks and then I put her picture on my desk at work. Every time I looked at it I involuntarily smiled. Boy she is cute. She is going to be my little girl. I am now so very excited to hold her and the other stuff will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment